Rowley Turton are not only committed to providing first class financial advice and excellent client service but to giving back to the wider community.
The following are some of the examples of our community engagement:
- We are one of the original members of the ‘Meridian Business Breakfast Club’, a group of prominent business leaders (based at Meridian Business Park) that meet monthly, in order to discuss current business topics, exchange information about local developments.
- As around 100,000 people in the UK die from sudden cardiac arrest, thousands of which might have been saved if they had collapsed close to a defibrillator, Rowley Turton, in partnership with Rowleys Chartered Accountants, bought and installed a Public Access Defibrillator outside our Leicester office.
- We provide various educational talks to community groups as part of our commitment to improving financial education amongst the general public. These talks are provided at Rowley Turton’s expense although the groups are asked to make a voluntary donation to Rowley Turton’s chosen charity: The Ectodermal Dysplasia Society.
- We support various charitable and community organisations directly and indirectly. For example, Scott Gallacher is an active member of the Rotary Club of Leicester and is currently Junior Vice President. Rowley Turton have fully supported Scott in this in both terms of time out of the office and use of firm resources. This has allowed Scott to do things like helping with the annual Rotary KidsOut Day, taking disadvantaged children to Wickstead Park, and organise an international fundraising day, Purple Clothes Day raising thousands of dollars for Rotary’s End Polio Now campaign.
- Additionally, Rowley Turton are supporting Scott’s in his role as a Trustee of The Ectodermal Dysplasia Society. As part of this advised the charity on how to meet their Auto-Enrolment compliance requirements on a pro-bono basis.
- Rowley Turton are also advising half a dozen charitable endowment funds on their investments on a reduced fee basis, saving the endowments significant money in fees and allowing them to maximise their good work.
- As part of our commitment to promoting the value of professional independent financial advice to the general public Scott established the Money Media Group. This professional networking group aims to help connect financial journalists with those financial advisers willing and able to provide expert commentary, quotes, and opinion.